Need a highlight video? Click here to go to MVPnj.com, the website of the #1 video editing business in New Jersey!
Letter from the Founder
Looking back on 3 years of covering RFH football.
With the annual Thanksgiving game against Red Bank Catholic in the books, the Dawg Report has officially covered its last football game. It's hard to believe that 3 years have passed since I covered my first RFH football game, a 16-13 win over Asbury Park on the newly turfed field at Borden Stadium. It's even harder to believe what this site has grown into since that first game. What was originally supposed to be a newsletter that players would bring home to their parents (yes, the Dawg Report was originally going to be a 1 page newsletter with a few paragraphs of text and maybe a picture or two!) has grown into a 3 seasons per year website with more multimedia that I ever could have imagined. Between the articles, interviews, videos, pictures, and more, I hope that this website has been a source of pride for the RFH football community over the past 3 seasons.
Here are some fast stats for you about the Dawg Report since the first game in 2006, to the last in 2008.
About 25,000 views
I hoped that all RFH football fans enjoyed reading, listening, and looking as much as I enjoyed putting all of these things together.
Since the Dawg Report: Football Edition has finished its final season, I thought it would be fitting to take a look back at some of the highlights from the past 3 seasons. So without further ado, I present to you...
The Top 10 Dawg Report Moments
10) The first ever "Inside the Huddle" interview with Coach Fallon. So much to laugh at from this interview, namely my vague line of questioning.
9) Brian Sharkey's freestyle rap. Quite possibly the most "unique" video I ever put up on the Dawg Report. Some found it entertaining, others found it disturbing and refused to comment.
8) The first edition of "Mic'd Up With Coach Fallon." Couple comments on this one. First, disregard the soundless first minute. Second, I still crack up at the "Don't go back inside, there's bad guys," line, which comes at the 2:15 mark.
7) Ryan Kirchner's interview after the 2007 Shore game. As I am sure many of you remember, the RFH offense started that game off with Kirchner completing a touchdown pass to Johnny Lembeck, making him the RFH record holder for career completion percentage. Very funny interview, indeed.
6) Brian Biga's interview after the 2007 Manasquan game. Still trying to figure out what is going on in this one.
5) Interview with the 2008 waterboys. Some of the responses in this one were absolute classics!
4) Taylor Brown's strategy in the scrimmage against the Mighty Mites. If only he could have done this in the actual games...sigh.
3) The "Sights and Sounds" video from the RFH v Long Branch game. It was the first time I'd ever done a video like this, and I thought it perfectly captured the pre-game and "in-game" happenings on the RFH sideline, which many fans never get to see.
2) The 2008 "What are you going to miss most about high school football?" video. A pretty good mix of serious, comical, and downright confusing answers.
1) All of the quotes from right after the semi-final victory against Holmel in 2007 (see below). Sheer joy and happiness in each and every interview after the most exciting game that I covered in the 3 years of the Dawg Report.
Anyways, I'd just like to offer a sincere thank you to all of my readers from the past few years. Your constant support was a big part of the success of this site. Don't forget, the Dawg Report will be back in action covering basketball in the winter and a mix of sports in the spring!